Wednesday, May 1, 2013

April 2013 Goals met and Goals set

April 2013 mosaic by capitolaquilter
April 2013 mosaic, a photo by capitolaquilter on Flickr.

Busy Busy

The month has come to an end and here's the mosaic of what I've been up to. 5 finished quilts, 2 bee blocks and a shelf full of nicely folded and sorted fabric stash.

I've been busy in April- obsessively so - with one workshop, two Sew Days and three guild meetings and lets not forget the complete redo of my quilting room. Only the bookshelf is completed - the rest is stuck in the "worse before better" stage.  

I met my April goal for ALYoF  it's Tweet Tweet Two in the upper right of my mosaic and #64 of 103 entered on the link up for prizes.  I've chosen to finish this quilt with a batik improv pieced back that needs made for my May goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes with Melissa of Sew BitterSweetDesigns and Shanna of Fiber of All Sorts. They have wonderful sponsor - check it out. 

Are you a lazy sentimental control freak like me?

Palette Builder 2.0  

As you know, I'm a big fan of the Palette Builder at PlayCrafts - well, they've just release 2.0 with all kinds of exciting new features based on feedback.

If you're kind of a control freak - like me - you'll love the flexibility of the new version with the ability to move the color dots around the picture individually and if you're super lazy - like me - you'll appreciate the handy share button for flickr.  I also love the easy plus and minus buttons that add or subtract the number of swatches. If you're super sentimental - like me - it's a great excuse to take a trip down memory lane like I did with these old photos of my two boys when they were little.

More enhancements are on the horizon and they encourage input on what you'd like to see in the future.  Be sure to check it out and have fun playing around with it yourself HERE and read more details here.  Their flickr group is a fun resource for inspiration as well.

 I created this palette and chose these fabrics for my Quilts for Boston blocks.  One is done and the other on the design wall - they will be in the mosaic for May.

Linking up to Lily's Quilts Fresh Sewing Day and Finish it Up Friday with Crazy Mom Quilts.

3 comments:

  1. I have heard a lot about that palette builder. I have to admit, I'm a little nervous to go play with it because it'll be like when I joined Pinterest and whole days would get sucked away pinning things. :) You have some awfully cute palette inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so many finishes, so impressive! My fabric collection looks a lot like yours, but I will say I think you have more....LOL

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!