Saturday, March 30, 2013

March 2013 Mosaic / FAL Q1



It is Fresh Sewing Day link up time with another page flipped on the calendar this weekend. Crazy!

I've started a set for myself in flickr to file away these monthly mosaics as a way of keeping track of projects. Blog housekeeping is not my favorite part but an attempt to maintaini a resemblance of order seems the least I can do.  Consolidating my tabs and sidebar for "links" was also part of this effort.

Finish A Long 2013 Q1 -Six of Seven!


FAL Q1 is also coming to a close with a tutorial hop that is sure to be fun and informative. I'm happy to say that 6 of the 7 qualifying projects are DONE.  1) No Inherent Sense of Direction 2) Tassels 3) Driving in Circles 4) Luminosity 5) Sisterly Love 6) QuiltCon Charity featured below (and previously blogged herehere and on our MQG blog here).

The swap tote was made too but with only a few of the original fabrics pulled and was only a concept (like the schoolhouse tunic) so it shouldn't been in my goals post to begin with. The Scrappy Trip is in my UFO bucket without really any incentive to finish.
Q1 Goals Mosaic
Leanne posted a Q&A that was really helpful if you are in FAL or joining us for Q2, take a peak.  It'll be interesting to see how the other 175 participants did.

I'll use this post to link up the finish of the QuiltCon Charity FMQ since the other items already have finish postings to link to (see above). It might be hard to tell from the original Goal Mosaic picture but the bottom row center is the stack of blocks we started with and the back was made by our talented founder and President Tina- so proud of what they became:
Katie Blakesley of SwimBikeQuilt was sweet enough to send me this picture showing our SBAMQG quilt displayed at QuiltCon and I think it looks great with all the others.

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderfully busy month. Love the QuilyCon charity quilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh it was a good month for you. And awesome quilting and photos of your quilt! wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that gorgeous quilt at QuiltCon - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did great on your FAL list, congratulations on all the finishes. I too saw your quilt at quiltcon. I really loved each of the charity quilts, yours is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!