Thursday, November 29, 2012

Travelin' Pic Stich Blog Hop

Can I first say just how great the line up was for this hop.  Really, I think I'm going to refer back to the list of links for quite some time to come to visit and revisit those blogs - sixty is a lot of hopping for this gal!

EPP Hexi Zipper Pouch

Katy and Laura put together a trip around the world with Travelin' Pic Stich Blog Hop filled with amazing inspiration from the ends of the earth.  I decided to use the sunset photo from my one and only time out of the country this time last year when we spent a week in paradise to celebrate my big 50 in Chacala Mexico.  The pouch was sent to Whitney, my Post-Sewing Summit secret swap partner - here's the post with a picture of the scrappy back

EPP hexi start by capitolaquilter

I pulled SO much fabric for this little project and made 10 times the amount of hexies than I ended up using.  But in the end, the inspiration photo and color palette kept steering me back to simplistic and I'm pleased with how it turned out for my very first attempt at EPP.  bonus: Waiting while I had my oil changed and tires rotated was much more enjoyable with busy hands!


These are a few of the other options I made with PlayCrafts Palette Builder and the photos that I considered using.    Be sure to add your palette to their flickr group, it's fun to see the variety. 

The American Link Up Party  has begun- check it out and get ready to vote!

3 comments:

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!