Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Luminostiy Workshop

I spent a beautiful Sunday at Christine Barnes' Luminosity Workshop in Aptos with a bunch of lively wonderful women from PVQA.
Class Sample and Design Wall for Demo
 The color theory and auditioning of fabric was a blast.
Practice layout of a few of my bits
  The pattern is so forgiving and smart - little fabric waste and few joints to match. I will definitely be using it often.  The wheels are turning in my designing brain to make it with my own special spin.
Cut Demo to help me remember
OOPS - cools shouldn't be squares!
 I tried to travel light and pre-cut squares including my cools without reading the class supply correctly.  Hubby fetched me the batik bucket and came to the rescue.  It was a blessing since I got to do lots of sharing and fabric swapping.
Layout Begins
I'll post a final top layout and tell you more about Christine's lecture from last nights meeting. She even let me take a picture with her!

Happy Quilting -


3 comments:

  1. Looks like fun...the quilt looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you!! I have 2 of her books and love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it was a lovely day. And that pattern looks like one to investigate. Will check her out, too. Always looking for more learning opportunities.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!